We have had to postpone our fundraiser dance-a-thon until the spring, but we will still have a Halloween fun dance for students on October 31st in the afternoon. Students are invited to wear their costumes and to dance along to music provided by DJ Bear.
We ask that you take the following into consideration when selecting an appropriate costume for your child, or when guiding older children about what is appropriate to wear in school:
- Under no circumstances should there be any scary clowns or similar costumes which would be distressing for younger students.
- Please do not send any “weapon” accessories. These are strictly forbidden on school premises.
- Please avoid cultural appropriation i.e. dressing in the costume of a different cultural group.
- No “sexy” costumes, please. This is inappropriate in a Catholic school setting.
- For safety reasons, faces should be uncovered and we ask you to steer away from long capes or “tails” that could be tripping hazards.
- Students also have the option of dressing in orange and black if they do not wish to wear their Halloween costume to school.